Tuesday, December 22, 2009

3am I find a taxi to take me and my surfboard and I to Banglamphu, a popular spot for the "backpacker" or budget traveler. The streets are familiar, however, the language is still foreign.

Should I have gone south? Chile perhaps? Ok, well, here I am. I have my surfboard, so the trip could turn to the shore. Either way, this will be a time for me to re-energize focus a little on self-reliance and maybe turn into a surf trip.

I arrive to find the Bella Bella booked and set off to the streets of Banglamphu. I receive a pat down from a motorcycle cop, appearing to be a tweaker wandering the streets, he checks me for parapehnellia and track marks. People are still out as I pass around the central tourist spot. A lot of drunks, not ready to call it a night. Thai woman with young tourist men on some kind of date.

Exhange rate has changed by about 25% drop in the dollar to the Thai Baht.

Found a place that checks in at 5am so I take the tiny room and check my surfboard.

My internal clock is a bit confused, my foot is a little sore.

No comments: