Monday, December 21, 2009

Safe People


Leaving places where loved ones are is extremely hard. Some people can’t understand why I would leave. Sometimes I can’t either.

A dear friend turned his back in frustration and I sensed disappointment.

My mom shed a tear, my sister told me “not to die!” I will take her advice. My dad held it together.


At the Solstice Celebration in San Diego Friday night, seeing such a great community of people I have begun to acquaint myself with, the night before my departure, added to the feeling of leaving behind.

Shiva and Kali with baby Dalhi saw me off at LAX with Peter and Catherine who took me to LAX in the morning. We stopped to get some famous El Azteca breakfast burritos funded by my accumulated change bucket.

Shiva gave me a crystal for protection and everyone gave me a lot of love and blessing for the journey.

“Your doing it!” Kali

I am…

I am choosing this path, and this path may be choosing me.

The uncertainties of going to a foreign land start to take hold as I am heading west across the pacific ocean. Partners not solidified, the grand schema yet to be entirely grounded. I guess this is me leading a vanguard of what feels like a solo mission. I keep seeing stories on the main movie screen talking about Copenhagen and Climate Change.

---

Meeting up with Catherine in Dominica suddenly becomes a more prominent and comforting thought. I could potentially do this same type of work with farmers on the islands in the Caribbean?

I keep reminding myself that this is an experiment and that unless I take the steps forward it will become an old conversation.

I have a team, however, they will only coalesce with my leadership.

Right now, thousands of miles across the globe, I feel I have set out solo, or perhaps this is exactly how it is supposed to continue for me? Trusting in my curiosity, not being afraid of failure or ambition. Failure would of been to submit to fear and stayed home where it's "safe."

Shiva reminds me, "There is no safe place, only safe people!" I will keep my wits about me, trust in the universe and maintain my safety.





No comments: